This project started because I wanted to create special journal for a very sweet lady. She's not a crafter, yet lol. But, we have lots of thing in common, for one, she loves to garden and has a lovely garden and she enjoys decorating and making a pretty home. She's kinda frugal like me and is always repurposing and bringing new life into old things.
I wanted her journal to reflect her personality and what she enjoys doing. So, I went with a garden/home décor theme. I figure she can use it as a garden journal for a season or for a project journal. Like a place to plan, make list and keep track of her next home décor project. Or she can just use it for anything she likes. I know she likes vintage and I've seen her use some pink too, so I went with it.
The cover is made out of some old pillow shams that I added fabric and laces to. The metal beads are part of a bracelet and the metal buckles I found at a garage sale. I used some alcohol inks to paint the metal and I just love the old patina it took. I think it gives it a l little boho vibe to it, I sure hope she likes it. Since I had two pillow shams I made two journals, and they're almost exactly inside too. The other one is already spoken for and has shipped out.
The inside is so pretty, I used coffee and tea dye papers and they look so vintage. I used old book pages and music sheets. I added some book pages from a garden book with the pretties images of Roses. I also found a book on home décor and added some of those pages too for inspiration. I created lots of little tuck spots for her to write her story in it. I'm hoping to get hers out this week, but I keep on adding things to it, lol. I have to stop. I always like to name my journals after flowers and I didn't get to name these.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Post Comment