I've had a lot of questions about our back splash on my FB page. I have answered most of them but just in case I missed anyone. Well, the back splash was a very creative and inexpensive way to go.
I had a budget for every room and exterior projects of our little cottage. My goal was to maybe be a little under budget and in some areas I succeeded big time.
The reason I fell in love with this little old historic cottage was the farm house sink. I thought I never say this, but the kitchen is my favorite room so far.
Ok, the back splash, have you figured it out yet? It's nothing more than regular fence boards. My new friend and neighbor did all the painting of the boards, she's an amazing talented artist, architect, interior designer and I can go on and on. I went with gray, blue, yellow, green and white boards. I think what brings it all together is the distressing shabby technique that she did on them. It all has a satin finish coat and it wipes beautifully.
We both did the leveling and installation of the boards. I think the most nerve wracking part was the shelving brackets because I didn't want to drill extra holes at eye sight level in case I made a mistake. But it all went well. The shelving wood could not be more perfect. I found them in the back yard, they're old and cracked, full of character. All we did to them was a gray wash, but you can still see all the weathering on them and I love that.
The thing I love most about our little cottage is that is OLD and so unlike our Miami house. No tiles, real old hard wood floors and full of unique character that you can only get in an vintage home. I know that's not for everyone, but is perfect for us, because that's what we were exactly looking for.
For decor I went with the popular farmhouse look, that I can't wait to change out through out the year.
The corbels are from HL, they're painted and distressed to match and I love them.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Post Comment