I used pieces of all kinds of yummyness here, the pink behind the flower is a piece of a vintage sheer head scarf.
Here I folded back a piece of designer paper so that I could tuck some more embellishments, I wanted them to look like they were coming out through the book.
These are my fav chipboard pieces from the collection, how sweet are these little reindeers.
I used all my favorite flowers that I've been collecting throughout the years, just waiting for a place in this project
I made some dangles and charms, just strung them with safety pins throughout the book for some extra interest. This one has a little crown hanging from the end, I love crowns.
A lot of the laces and trims that I used are from her store and some are from my lace vault.
For the focal flower I just deconstructed and reg silk flower and built it up again. I added layers of sheer fabric, lace and some cheese cloth to give it a lot of dimension and interest. For the top I used a beautiful vintage brooch that I've been saving for just the right project.

My favorite trims of all are the eyelet trims and there are plenty outlining the pages of this book.
The paper collection is primarily pinks, whites and some touches of a beautiful and soft sage green. The sage green in the background is a small piece is taffeta that I had left over from another project. The lace that's over it and it's the foundation covering the front and back of the books, is a piece of a vintage table cloth.
This project did take a little time to put together because just about every sheet of paper has some kind of sewing on it. I tried to add a piece of vintage lace, cheese cloth, eyelet or tattering trim. I tried to switch the stitching up a bit, from a zigzag to a running stitch and then back again to a zigzag.
The designer paper collection that I used is from Prima by Frank Garcia, I just love all his collections. This one is called 'Santa Baby' and it's from last year. It actually took me an entire year of just looking at it before I could brake into it. I know, it's a paper crafter thing, lol.
The three signatures are strong and not going anywhere, but just for extra reinforcement I use some tattered sari silk ribbon in a really pretty soft cream color. Tied all three of them up on the very top of the book and added a chunky charm dangle to mingle with the bows.
I added all kinds of new and vintage papers, like music sheets, book pages, grid paper, paper from the designer paper pad and plenty of regular pages for her to write on. This journal can be used to make and keep track of all your Christmas gift buying. Or use as a Christmas party planner. Take pictures and document things you did that month with your family or simply just write your thoughts. It can also be used as an end of year gratitude journal, where you can reflect on allllll your blessings for the year.
I made sure to cut and fit all the papers in different lengths and widths, that way all the pretty trimmings would be visible at a glance.
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Post Comment