The wonderful thing about this garden zone 8b, here in south Alabama is that we get to enjoy the seasons with out the snow, but we do get the occasional freeze warning. It will drop really low one night and I go on panic mode, but the next morning it's back to the 50s and 60s. I think I over react by covering everything. Once I get more comfortable, I won't. Things here are acclimated to this. But, I did plant lots of new things that have not settle in yet. So I guess It did do some good to protect them.
I LOVE this Rose, she clearly did not get the memo that is winter time.
My mom's favorite, the Pansy, they are so beautiful and so many different kinds. I want to try growing some Violas from seed, I think the Viola is the mother of the Pansies. They're much smaller and so cute, they also call the Johnny Jump ups.
My lettuces bed is doing great, it's loving this cold weather.
The Beetroot look great and love juicing them, so sweet.
These are my Sugar Snap Peas, they're delicious. I have some with my salad almost everyday. I never have enough to stir fry, I should plant more.
I need more.
I think these are Irises that I did not plant, they just grew there and I'm loving it. I have an area that I'm calling "my cutting garden" and I have a section with mainly warm colors like oranges and yellows, some purple. Well she planted herself in the right area.
This Lizard I made in a ceramic class, like 30 years ago. She remind me of my Miami garden, I had her going up a tree there. I loved my Miami garden too, had lots of relaxing hour in that garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Post Comment