Tuesday, October 31, 2017

What have we been up to.

When I first found this house, I had no idea what part of town this house was located. I soon found out she is right in the middle of the historic part of this charming little southern town. We knew then and there this was our home. Mind you, she is in much need of some TLC. We instantly fell in love with this neighborhood, maybe because I have always lived in a large city.  Our little cottage has been left in disrepair for many many years. We're trying to bring new life to this old Alabama cottage.  The cottage has lots of little period touches and I would love to keep as many of them as possible, like the doors and this beautiful farmhouse sink that I love, chip and all.  


I'm discovering original shiplap and you guessed it. I'm exposing it and loving it. At first we could not believe it.






1 comment:

  1. OMGosh! I love your sink. We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and I'm thinking about that. It's going to depend on how much extra work is involved to install it and the cabinet modifications required. Love the shiplap too. What a nice surprise---for once a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment