I made this cake as a thank you gift for my sister and my mom. They took care of my girls for the weekend. The inspiration for this cake came from some cupcakes I made last month for my scrappy friends. I just love these colors! It's a yummy vanilla cake with chocolate custard filling and fondant. I love baking and making pretty cakes, I just wish I had more hours in the day.
I had a client tell me just last week that she is getting ready to retire, but she doesn't know what to do with her self. I can't understand that??? I have so many plans for when I retire.


The cake is gorgeous!! I retired this past year and I have plenty to do :)
ReplyDeleteOHHHHH Marlene, (u must get sick of me commenting first???? hehehehe) to bad Im gonna anyway, just quicker off the mark ah?,
ReplyDeleteI love what you did, OMG is that the icing, like on the wedding cakes? Beautiful, and yes this is very much a spring colour and awesome for MUM's DAY comming up.
Beautiful and I bet its Yummy to.
XX
Biestos xxx :-)
Arohanui :-)
J
Marlene, I guess this is the most beautiful cake I´ve seen for a long, long time!!!
ReplyDeleteThe color-combination is so fresh and so beautiful - *sigh* this cake is a masterpiece!!!
Have a fabulous week, Marlene!
Ulina
Beautiful cake Marlene. It looks so pretty that I would not want to cut it. I would just display it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Oh my dear Jude, I love that you comment first. I love your comments and your friendship. You're a special lady.
ReplyDeletexxx
Marlene
This cake is absolutely beautiful!!!! I bet it was DELISH!!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Me
Wow, great job. Wish I could make cakes to look this good.
ReplyDelete