Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Our summer garden harvest has come to an end.


I mainly blog as to keep a visual journal of the progress of our garden and for my crafty projects. Does anyone blog anymore? I love to, sometimes, look back at all the progress and what did well where. This year was not a good year for the garden. I don't know if it was the bag compost or bag soil that I use to refresh the beds. Maybe it was the seeds, I don't know, but I do know I was not the only one. Lot's of garden blogs and channels have said the same thing. Some of these folks have been at it for much longer than I have and they really know what they're doing, unlike me, lol. So I don't feel too bad about it, I got the experience and I feel Blessed that God allowed me to have a garden space at all. He is good and I'm sure he wanted me to learn some good garden lessons this year and I did.  




My first time grow these and they were small. Maybe I pick too soon???? But they were tender and delish. 


This is what I'm most proud of this year, the grapes. I forgot what these are called, but a local gardener told me to get these kind and she was right, sweet. James and I could not believe that we grew our own grapes. 


These peaches are from my sister's tree. The first tree I planted here was a peach tree, like 3 and half years ago. No a thing yet, this year I did get lots of pretty blooms. But, a freeze knocked them all off. Was I suppose to cover the tree??? My sister did not???

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment