Friday, October 16, 2015

The perfect sugar cookie, Mandy's party.

I posted on my Facebook Page, these cookies I made for my sweet niece Amanda's 16th birthday party. I had the hardest time finding a sugar cookie that would hold it's shape. After much trial and error, happy to say I found it. I've had several request for the recipe, so here it is. I do have to say that my wonderful hubby helped me with the baking because I couldn't of done all of this baking by my self, he's the best.


The perfect sugar cookie.

2 cups unsalted butter
2 cups sugar 
2 large eggs
seeds from 1 vanilla bean 
3 cups all purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt. 

Cream the butter and sugar together, do not over mix. Add eggs slowly and mix add vanilla beans. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the mix. Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper, place on a baking sheet and into the fridge for one hour. Cut out your shapes and then place the dough shapes back in the fridge for another half hour to chill. This is very important because they will then hold the shape better when baked. 

Your going to love them, so delish.  
  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment