Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer garden beauties.

It's been very hot here in Miami and it's been raining just about every day. These mid summer showers are needed and thank God the sun comes out right after the rain. So excited cause my hubby just out of the blue said that he wanted to do the lawn. Now that's a big deal for us, you see my hubby does not enjoy gardening at all. He helps me with the heavy and hard work, but it's really not his passion, he just does it to help me. The man that does our lawn has stood us up for like a month now, I think he's had it with the large tree roots in the from of the house. I know they have bent a few of his lawnmower's blades. So James said, how hard can it be to cut the lawn. He went and got himself a little mower and a weed eater. It's been sitting in my living room for a few days and we just look at it, lol.  He's been reading all the manuals and watching tutorials on how to cut the lawn. I know it's something so simple, but he has to do his prep stuff, this girl is not complaining a bit. Baby steps, baby steps.  








2 comments:

  1. How pretty. My hubby cut some roses last night and I put them in a vase next to my kitchen sink. I love roses! Hope your weather is nice. It's been raining here but no flooding. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlene,
    You have roses! Yay! The colors are beautiful. The tiny pink flowers are beautiful too. They look like a lantana flower. They are pretty. Pink is a nice color for the garden, makes it feel cool. Yes, it has been hot here too. and this year we have some rain here and there and all that will do is just make it hot and humid. It sound like the weather you have in Florida. My roses are having a hard time in this weather too. The tomatoes are growing but the fruit is take a long while to ripen. Your Hubby will do a great job on your new lawn. I love lawns its so nice to sit outside with a blanket. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Bobbie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment