Friday, May 1, 2015

Furniture re-do project.

My sister was getting rid of this piece and of course I could not let her do that. It's been sitting here for a wile so I decided to go at it yesterday. The knobs I got a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby and the chalk paint I found at Walmart over at the craft dept. The cream color is regular latex paint but, the contrast color is the chalk paint.  I going to cover the drawers in wall paper that I found a while back. I think this will keep my candles collection. I love candles and I like to keep them in the same spot for easy access. At first I thought I had gone a bit over board with the distressing, but I love how it turned out. She can't have it back now, lol. 

This was the inspiration for the color combination.








2 comments:

  1. Hi Marlene! I wanted to pop over and say HI! Love the cabinet and all of the beautiful flower photos. We don't have any of that here in northern Indiana, but looking forward to warmer weather and of course, beautiful flowers once again!
    Miss you!
    Lisa Dawson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlene,
    Your dresser turned out beautiful. Love the color too. I have a built in cabinet that I have been wanting to do for a long while using chalk paint. But I think I will start off with a small item first, a couple of shelves for my laundry room. : )
    Hope all is well and that you are having good weather. Last week we had some very warm weather but now we are back to normal temps. High 70's to low 80's, perfect weather.

    I have been bitten by the sewing bug lately and I just purchased more fabric from Jo-ann for a few more dresses. I hope to post this week my felt hearts that I made for Mother's day gifts. They were fun but too time to do. I will be making more. They make a nice gift for any occasion. Have a beautiful Sunday.
    Blessings to you,
    Bobbie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment