Monday, January 5, 2015

Prime gardening weather in South Florida.

Now that the Christmas holidays are all behind and everything is put away, yay for me. I want to concentrate on our garden, I so enjoy garden work. Just me, my plants and my thoughts.  This is the best time of year to be in Miami. Our weather is a blessing, cool days and cooler nights. Today I spend the entire day working on  our back yard. Cleaning things up a bit and trying to cut back some of our huge Areca palms. I actually got a lot accomplished and I'll share it latter. But now for some pretty pictures. 
I heard my neighbor working on her back yard so I went for a visit, camera in hand of course. Her teenage son is going all organic and has started an organic garden area with recyclable containers and materials. He's picking up some horse manure and is letting me have some, best fertilizer ever, can't wait. He also let me have 2 containers of lettuces, that I'm so looking forward to planting tomorrow. They're doing an amazing job, it's going to look great.


These are her Orchids,  full bloomed in January, amazing.   







1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlene,
    Beautiful blue skies there. Gorgeous orchids. Love the huge cluster of bananas. Looks like paradise there. Thanks for sharing the photos. I enjoy see what others are going in their garden. Happy Gardening.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment