Friday, October 24, 2014

Working on some mixed media backgrounds.

It's been raining for days here in Miami, defensively indoor weather. I have missed working in the garden, so the next best thing for me is playing with my paints. I decided to work on some backgrounds for my journals. I'm usually working on more than one journal at a time. This beautiful tissue paper was used to wrap some goodies a sweet friend just gave me. The minute I saw it I new I was going to use it in a journal, some how. I hope I don't eventually cover it up so much with layers of paint that I won't be able to see the pretty polka dot colors.   



  I also worked on some mail art. Once they are done I just cover the address area in white Gesso and now they're good to go.

  Some of my favorite tools, bubble wrap and house hold items. With all the fancy tools I have, these are still my favs.




3 comments:

  1. Your papers are so beautiful and creative. I love journals and write in mine every day. Handmade journals are the best. How talented you are! Enjoy your weekend...I hope it dries out soon! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect project for rainy days. Beautiful layers of colors and textures.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages, sounds like a perfect rainy day to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment