Friday, September 5, 2014

Been working on my yard.

It's that time of year again for us here in south Florida. This is our spring time of a sort, lol. It's still very hot, but the cleaning has begun. I've got great plans for my garden this year, I've neglected it these past couple of years. Not really doing anything major other than a big cleaning and cutting back on things that are out of control. I don't know why that relaxes me so, to cut things back????
I've started lots of things from seed and I have been babying them with lots of TLC.





Started to freshen up the beds with my potting mixture that seams to work for me. Equal parts of a good potting mix, cow manor and Pet moss. My secret weapon.  


This is my maintenance free corner, I needed a little change here. Maybe Bromeliads ??? 


This is one of the main reasons I love planting in the grounds, I love the look of mulch and red is my fav. I think it looks so pretty against the green, besides all the other benefits like keeping it a bit cooler and controlling the dreaded weeds.


This has been the wettest season ever here in Miami. It's still raining, but the great benefit of it, are my crocus. They bloom every time it rains and I just think they're so beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlene,
    How fun and I love the start to a new growing season. Here in Southern California Fall is called our second Spring. The ground it still warm and that is when we start sweet peas for next year. I did not start any this time. But I have started some carrots in containers. Hope they will be ready for those Sunday Roast dinners (when the weather is much cooler). Your crocus are so beautiful and they look gorgeous in your basket. My all time favorite place to browse and buy would have to be a garden center. I can spend there. I love mulch too and the smell of fresh mulch is great. : ) Hubby and I will be buying a little at a time compost, mulch and all the other items one needs to replenish the garden soil. Good luck with your seedlings and hope you have tons of tomatoes. I had a lot of fun this year cooking with mine. Hope you will post your gardens progress. Happy gardening and have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Bobbie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment