Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Altered milk caddy and vintage bottle caps, so cute.


This chicken wire caddy I found at Michaels and the glass milk bottles at HL. I took a gamble but they worked out perfectly. The caps on top of the bottle are vintage but I dressed them up a bit. 
I'm keeping my October Afternoon fabric quarters, that I just love to look at. In the glass milk bottle I'm keeping some vintage cream and white buttons.   




I did dress the bottles a little bit with the peel and tick decals that I found at Michaels. I think it added that little extra touch.


These were the original milk bottle caps, I have just a few left. Sometimes the're hard to find and pricey.


               Since sometimes I don't know when to stop. I altered some that I plan on using as charms.






7 comments:

  1. I love your wire caddy to cute and the way you dressed up the handle is beautiful....
    Your caps are simply gorgeous ;-) who knew you could make such pretty art with them ;-)

    Hugs~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your creative projects and the way you share them with us : I do things, but always forget to take pictures ! i have to learn from you !
    xoxo from PARIS (grey sky and windy)

    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marlene,
    I'm amazed on what you did with those simple looking bottle caps, Wow! I did see the video but the photos really show more of the detail. The bottle caps have a pleated look around them already. It seems you were having all kinds of fun in your craft room. Thanks for sharing some photos of them too.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Blessings,
    Bobbie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is adorable and I like it
    Love the old paper milk bottle caps
    I have 2 left I put in my etsy shop $3.00 I think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! So, so, so pretty!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Everything is so pretty! Love this idea, and those caps turned out so gorgeous!! :) Love them as charms! :) Happy sweet day to you! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the most beautiful little inspirations pieces.. just made my day ..

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment