Friday, April 11, 2014

Another peek at my garden in the spring.

I love how the early morning sun is framing this beautiful Hibiscus. They do really well in my garden, they do need a little fertilizing once a year and little a little spraying with dishwashing liquid to keep the bugs out. But other than that, they really do take care of themselves.


These are gorgeous, is a yellow Tubebuia tree and they also come in lavender-pink, but the yellow is my fav. I only have one, right behind the pool pump and can be enjoyed from every angle of the back yard. Here in Miami they are often found lining the center of many main streets. There is a street on the way to my mom's that is simply breath taking. If I had the room I would so add a few more.



This Lobster Claw Heliconia is lining the short cut stone path that goes from the driveway to the front porch, they're health and happy with all the rain we've been getting lately.  


This beautiful Coleus is ready to be cut back a bit. I use all the cuttings for new baby plants. Look at the happy Red Sister in the back, it does really well here is sunny South Florida.











2 comments:

  1. What beautiful blooms you have in your garden...

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tropical garden Marlene. It is so colorful. Your tomatoes are almost ready. Yum!
    Happy Gardening today. : )
    Blessings,
    Bobbie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment