Monday, March 17, 2014

Ok so I had to try it for myself. It really works.


I got this idea of using avocado pit to tea dye from some of my friends on You Tube. The moment I saw it, I just knew I wanted to give it a try.You can find lots of Tutorials on YT, but after seeing Nery's excitement, I went for it.  Every fabric turned out a different shade of vintage pink. I think it depends of the fabric type. All cotton fabric absorbed the tea dye better, but I do like them all. If you're interested just search it on YT and you'll find lots of tutorials.
I think I want to try this again, maybe with other types of fabrics. It was a lot of fun and little scary because you don't know what you're going to get.  













3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Marlene, I have try this before and doesn't the fabric and laces come out so gorgeous, I kept some dye in a bottle for next time and Diana from sparemarbles you tube, put some in a spray bottle to spray some laces and they came out gorgeous too!! Omg your laces and fabric came out sooooo beautiful Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the little piles of gorgeous lace etc. I would have thought the avocado pit would have some green in it ?

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment