Monday, August 12, 2013

MY NEW SHABBY SEWING MATCHINE COVER.

 
Ok, so my plain plastic sewing machine case so needed a makeover. I had this beautiful fabric that use to be my niece's bedroom window balance and  a quilted pillow sham. My sisters know I save everything, that's why it all eventually ends up in my house. I think this fabric is so sweet, it's got all beautiful mix of the shabby colors that I love. I finally got around to making the sewing machine cover and this is what I came up with.   
 




The very top of the cover is made from the quilted pillow sham and the sides are made from the balance. My sister had already added the little pink pomp pomp trim , and It worked out perfect.




I still have this long piece of fabric left over. It's the very top piece of the balance, the rod would go through the middle of that gingham fabric.  But you know I'm saving this piece, it's so pretty and I know I would use it in some other project. I still can't believe she was going to throw away this beautiful fabric, so glad I found a use for it.

10 comments:

  1. That is sooooooo cute!! I've got one of those ugly plastic tops too. Great job.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!! Certainly beats the plastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous and gorgeous machine cover. I am reminded that I was supposed to make one for my machine this last Winter...alas, maybe next Winter I will get one made. Love the vintage vibe of this. Creative Happy Hearts Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful sew machine cover. I have been wanting to make me one for so long. Its on my things to do list. Yours is lovely. take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great way to repurpose into a shabby beautiful cover. Great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ! I'm jealous ! It is so so nice I want one. I had been given a sewing machine and I do hate the plastic cover, so I don't put it, but I don't like no more the machine without anything !
    xoxo from PARIS
    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ella this is so very pretty and I think you are very clever to be able to re- purpose material so beautifully. I love the peek I got at your pretty pincushion too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the fabric was worth being rescued. Such a delicate pattern.

    Popped by from WIW Hello Dolly.

    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/2013/08/dolly-day-in-blogosphere.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable!
    You definitely had a vision for the fabric. ♥ it!!!
    Tami xo

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment