Friday, July 5, 2013

PLAYING WITH MY SCRAPS.

I can't resist buying the complete paper collections and using kits, I love them,  they're so beautiful and it's all there for you. But what to do with all the scraps that I can't seam to part with.
Well, I'm on a mission, to use all my left over bits and pieces of paper and embellishments. Every piece of paper and embellishment in these two layouts came out of my scrap pile. There are about five different paper collections here and because I tried to stay in the same color hues, it seam to have worked for me.  
 I would of never thought of using October Afternoon and Graphic 45 together, only because they're so different and I don't think I could make it work. But I did here on these layouts, see if you can find them. The pieces are small, but they're their.
 
 
 








On this layout, I also used mostly scraps. The lace was all I had left from a previous project. The little house cut out is from an old kit.
What I also liked about using my scraps is that I can be extra generous with my layering.  I guess I don't really need an excuse, I just love layering anyway.  
 







2 comments:

  1. I love your layout. The use of doilies and shabby flowers are so neat. Love your work on youtube too. The 4th of July banner is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty layouts. You have a beautiful backyard. Thanks for sharing your layouts and what you used on them.

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment