Sunday, June 23, 2013

My garden tea party for ARTFUL AFFIRMATIONS.

I love this blog event that Ms. Terri over at ARTFUL AFFIRMATIONS came up with. She's a great source of inspiration for me blogging, take a peek at her beautiful blog and you're going to love her too.
Well, she had this great idea for a Tea Party Event, and this is my take on it. What a better place for my tea party set up than on my favorite quiet and peaceful spot, pool side. We spend quite a bit of time in our ever changing urban oasis of our humble back yard . I love this spot because I'm surrounded by these huge tropical Areca Palms. I call this spot, my wall of green.  The tea table is set close enough to the pool that I can enjoy the cascading sounds of the water fall, so relaxing.
 
Now for my set up, a la cheapo, actually I already had everything I need. For the linens I used a vintage crochet round table cloth.  I collect white cotton napkins, but this one is not vintage. The cute little silver tea spoon with the tea pot at the end is from a set of 12 that I've kept from when I had my spa. I would serve my clients a mix of herbal/detox tea and I would use these little silver spoons for a special touch. I love them .
 
The rest of the goodies on the tea table are all bits and pieces of tea sets that I have collected though out the years. The golden brown outdoor chandelier, I get to light up and enjoy almost every evening. I love how my little tea table set up turned out and I can't wait to see what the other ladies came up with for their tea set up. Thank you Ms. Terri for hosting this great event, It was a lot of fun planning and setting up for it.   
 
















15 comments:

  1. Your tea party looks very elegant and a dip in the pool afterwards would be perfect ! Gorgeous Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create beauty and whimsy with such an easy touch. I'd love to come for tea in the scenario you created - lovely pieces invite to warmth and relaxing - just what the doctor ordered ahahah
    Going to stop by Artful Affirmations to see what others created.
    Well done, Marlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna come have tea with you!!! What a gorgeous location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlene- What a marvelous tea party you have set there. Just gorgeous and what fun. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tea party. I love all the little details. Take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlene, your tea party setting is so beautiful and serene. What a perfect spot to pamper yourself with a sweet cup of tea. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marlene,
    Your tea party is wonderful! The pool looks so fabulous too! I love all of your china, tablecloth and décor! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Have a great week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Marlene,
    This is a serene and beautiful tea table! I love that you are sitting under a palm tree! How exotic! And next to a pool too? Does it get any better than this? No! lol! Your table setting is romantic in white. I love that tea pot. I have never seen one like it. The cup you are using is a pretty one. It looks just right for a summer tea. I am absolutely drooling over your chandelier! Oh my goodness but I love it!
    Thank you for sharing your garden tea time, I really enjoyed my visit with you today : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the chandelier! I'm so envious of all of you who can have tea outdoors. It is just too hot here! Lovely teascape in your garden. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marlene, Love your poolside tea party. I would love to stop by for a visit. Your blog is lovely. Wishing you a great week.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tea party you set up for us! Thanks! Patty/BC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marlene this is absolutely gorgeous! The chandy is amazing. Enjoy your absolutely fabulous tea party.

    Besitos,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tea table is charming and nicely tucked in beside the palms for a tropical vignette. I like the little white chair, lots of decorating possibilities with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous table set for tea.

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment