Wednesday, June 12, 2013

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY DAD.

 
I've been wanting to scrap these thirty year old pictures of my dad and me for a while now. My dad was a simple, kind and very funny man. An Old Spice, white t-shirt and khaki kind of guy that loved the outdoors, animals and of course his four daughters and my mom. He was older than my mom and almost doubled her age, so I guess you could say he had five daughters, lol.
I got married on a beautiful spring day in a garden, inside an iron patina green  gazebo by a lake, swans and all. I got married in a garden just because I knew that my dad would be more comfortable outside, surrounded by nature, than in the inside of a formal church.
It was a beautiful non-traditional family only event. My sweet mom made my one of a kind wedding gown. Can you believe that she had never sewn a wedding dress before. I had Ostrich and Lady ferns, my favorite, everywhere. The crystal beaded bridal head piece and the all orchid bridal bouquet were made by me. The Asparagus ferns and other greenery in the bridal bouquet were all from our nursery.
 
He looked so handsome in his tux and I remember feeling  so proud and blessed that he was my dad.   
 












4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts. What beautiful memories to have of you and your dad. Beautiful. TFS. ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding layouts. Fond and wonderful memories of your special day. Thank you for sharing.

    Blessings : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marlene,
    Thank you for your comment. The blue flowers are delphiniums. A few of my seedling made it this year. I hope to grow more for next year. I start to sow them around September.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Bobbie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forever Memories savored on beautiful layouts. Photos are priceless. Your tribute is beautiful. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment