Monday, December 24, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY BLOGGIE FRIENDS.

 
 
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.


This is my Christmas advent that I made last year. I love it so much that I wish I can keep it up to enjoy all year long. In second thought, why not?

 









 
 
 
I do have to give credit where credit is due. The inspiration for these cute baking tin ornaments came from my bloggie friend Kimberly of ART JOY STUFF. If you don't already follow her blog, you'll want to, she an amazing artist.
These Christmas tree ornaments are made from vintage baking tins that I found. I started by painting the tins, back and front in white. I then opened little holes in the top and bottom. I added tinsel and then glued vintage Christmas images of children and Santa on top of the tinsel. I finished by adding a little sentiment. They have a piece of lace on the top to hang by and on the bottom a clear acrylic charm.
   








12 comments:

  1. Why not keep your calendar up all year round if you have the place for it. It is beautiful. Your tin ornaments are so stinking cute. Love the images. TFS. ana

    Have a very Merry Christmas. And hope the New Year brings you lots of love and health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ornaments are adorable!!! They are so sweet!!!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Marlene. That is one of the neatest Advent calendars I have seen. The way you used the inspiration from her blog is wonderful- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is pure magic and whimsy.

    "From Home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other. - Emily Matthews"

    Merry Christmas, Dear Marlene! So happy to learn that you keep the Advent Calendar to remember Days and Wonderful and Beautiful Things that make you Happy! Can't think of a better celebration for the Season.

    Yours,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marlene, I just love your advent calendar! So beautiful, it deserves to be seen all year long. Ornaments are gorgeous, too.
    You are so clever!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marlene,
    Thank you for the shout out. Your ornies are the sweetest and I absolutely LOVE your Advent calendar!
    I hope you enJOYed a beautiful Christmas my friend.
    Hugs,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped back by to wish you a happy and blessed New Year.
    Keep creating, your work is always so beautiful. It is truly a gift.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your Advent calendar and it should stay out as long as you enjoy it. Lovely little tart tin ornaments. Blessings with Peace and Joy all of 2013...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dear, absolutely lovely your Advent calendar! So sweet! Hope you have had a so happy and blessing Christmas time, both you and yours. Kisses, kisses, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Years Marlene. I love your advent calender too, I think you can leave it out all year because the colors are neutral Its Gorgeous. Hope you are having a wonderful holiday. Lots of health and happiness for 2013! Hugs Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work.Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment