Monday, September 10, 2012

Re-decorating a bit, AGAIN.


Ok, I can't believe it, two postings in one day. The truth is that I've been keeping up with my You Tube channel and not my blog. That, or I've deleted a bunch of postings. I just notice so many of my pictures and projects that have not made it to the blog yet???? I'll be alright.
As many of you already know or figured out, I love to decorate. But since I can't buy new furniture every time I get the urge. I've decided to make some slip covers. My sister gave me chairs she no longer wanted, so I made some slip covers for them too. The couch was a big project and my friend Raquel did it for me. I love how it turned out. I have a leather couch that is beautiful, but not for Florida. It's hot and sticky, just did not work out for us. Now is soft, yummy and oh so white, love it! 

Almost forgot to tell you the best part. The fabric I wanted was $12.99 A YARD at Joanns. My friend Beth told me about Harbor Freight, a small hardware store. I got painter's cloth, the size of a small room for about $15.00 and I even got to use a 20% discount coupon, OMG what a deal! The painters drop cloth is heavy and strong much better than the fabric I had in mind but, it was a bit yellowish, so I left it over night in the washer with bleach and wallah.









6 comments:

  1. Your home is so tasteful and feminine Marlene. I just don't have the energy to decorate my home. I just redo my blog, and make a few cushions to herald the change of season.
    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ms Marlene. You have been one busy bee lately. So happy that you were able to get your sofa cover. I know how much you had been wanting this done. It turned out beautiful. What a great idea to use painters cloth. I will keep that in mind for my chair in the scrap room, even to make a dover for the bed and add beautiful lace trims around. HUMMM, you have me my thinking now.
    I can't wait to see your banners. I saw Ivette's and it turned out really pretty. Your home is so cozy and warm. You just want to go there and sleep.
    TFS. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous look those slip covers create. It's elegant and so light. Your home is lovely. Thanks for letting us in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marlene, I love your living room so vintage and a touch of shabby. If you ever come down to NY I could use some help on my sofa lol Very nice, I love it. TFS
    hug Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a great job and it looks beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am impressed with your skills. I don't think i would have the confidence to tackle something like this. It looks so well made and professional. Thanks for coming over to my blog. cheers Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment