Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Paper doll dispay.


Take a peek at how I altered this 7Gypsy vintage ticket holder. First I stated by painting it in an off white color and then I did a crackle finish. I also mixed a little bit of Gesso with water to create a Gesso wash, I used that to tone down the metal a bit. I embellished it in white, I figure that can go with just about any season. I plan on changing it often, maybe with my favorite ATCs, tickets or ephemera. But, I think these paper dolls look just darling.
If you like to take a closer look, check out my YOU TUBE on it.








5 comments:

  1. Your altered holder is interesting ... however it is your amazing paper doll collection that has me swooning. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked out your YouTube, Marlene, and this project is amazing!!! Love all the detail you put into it with the painting, crackling, and gessoing! It looks great! And those paper dolls are just mouth-watering!

    You're truly an artist, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Marlene, those paper dolls...gorgeous!!What an enchanting display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creative post! You are such an artist! I'm your newest follower.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the best paper doll collection i have seen... i was thinking how pretty something like that would be in my baby's room...
    hugs
    tabitha

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment