Thursday, August 23, 2012

MORE GIRLIE PINK GOODNESS.



Ok ladies, have you ever worked on a project that you stretched out because you're having such a great creative time with, and you just don't want it to end. Well this is such a project, I've been so sick with the flu, going on 2 weeks now. All this time in bed got my creative juices going. I found these ballerina slippers junking in central Florida and I kinda had an idea.

What I did is that I had to paint them, they were very loved!!! On the bigger slippers I did a Gesso wash over the pink acrylic paint. I used vintage music sheets to cover the inside and then I added some diamond dust for a bit of bling. I made the flowers from vintage dictionary pages and gold tulle, the beaded focal point I had been saving for just the right project.

For the smaller ballerina slippers I used vintage french dictionary paper, that I so need to use more of. For the center I used some cream color appliques and a vintage earring. On both, I lined the edge of the slippers in vintage Venice lace from my collection, that I also need to use more of. For now I hung them on this very old mirror that hovers in the little entryway to our home. I like to think these cute little slippers are welcoming you in,  for sure I'll be moving them around the house.














9 comments:

  1. How lovely.I bet your house looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Marlene. Very delicate looking and where you hung them, they look beautiful. TFS. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, those are amazing! What a beautiful job you did on them. I simply love the sheet music inside. So appropriate for ballet shoes and the diamond dust adds the perfect touch. The outside embellishments are fabulous. I want to shop where you find these pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, what an amazing job you did on those slippers!!! They look just too fabulous!!! And it looks like you found just the perfect place to hang them!!!

    I'm sorry you're not feeling too well with that nasty ole flue but I'm glad it didn't dry up your creative juices... lol!!! I do hope though you'll feel better very soon, my friend!!! In the meantime I'll send up "knee mail" to help speed your recovery along!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marlene, These are awesome, you really brought out the beauty of them and the sentimental thought of how someone actually spent hours dancing in them. They look gorgeous adorning your home. Hugs always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These loved ballerina slippers are simply divine. The soft pink is perfect and the touch of sheet music all glittered is ethereal. Loving these...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are my favourite ! so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment