Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A very special 4th of July for my family.

What a day... Yesterday we learned that my aunt got her flight to come and visit us from Cuba. My mom's family has been trying for many years and they kept refusing her. All she wanted to do is visit her family, long sad Cuban story.
I last saw her when I was nine and now I'm almost 52. I remember how kind and sweet she was with us kids. She was so pretty, I remember a picture of her in a gorgeous long gown in some kind of a beauty contest.
Her spirit is still young and youthful, after a long stressful day she wanted to still go see how we celebrate the 4th. She went to see fire works, did I mention it was her birthday too, how special is that.
My mom is in heaven with her little sister here.
I wrapped and gave her a little gift you see below.I remember playing with her ONE lipstick and my mom would tell me not to waste it. Her last word to me when I got in the car to go to the air port was.... she told me not to be sad and that were I was going I could have all the lipsticks I wanted in all the colors I wanted. Those were her last words to me and sometimes I did remember her when I shopped for lipstick. Hoping to spend a lot of time with her, I have a little pampering planed for her.  






3 comments:

  1. How nice to be able to your aunt here with you. I am sure you all had a great time. Happy belated 4th to you. Can't wait for you to come over and see the laces.
    ANA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful (and kind of sad) story. I'm so happy your Aunt was able to come visit, got to see the fireworks and celebrate her birthday with her family. That's a lovely gift you made for her. I'm sure she'll cherish it like you cherish the memory of her from your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful story! I'm so glad you are finally reunited with your family after all these years. Amazing the power of God!
    Pamper away, she deserves it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment