Monday, February 6, 2012

SUPER SIMPLE DIY PAPER STORAGE PROJECT.

I wanted some kind of a storage system for my cardstock and designer 12 x 12 paper stacks. I need it to be mobile and easy to get to. After looking around the office supply stores and on line, I decided I would try and do it my self.

I started by priming and spray painting these basket that I found at Target. I then measured the bottom of the baskets and cut a piece of MDF board to fit. I then added the wheels to the bottom of the MDF board. I used washers to secure the basket to the bottom of the board and then added the canvas basket liners. But, I still felt it needed a little something else. I remembered the vintage yard sticks that I've been collecting. I used them to create a little beveled edge all around the bottom of the basket. I think it gives it a little bit more of a finished look.
No project of mine would be completed with out a pretty charm. It's perfect because it rattles every time I move the baskets around. I'm so happy how it turned out because it works for me.








14 comments:

  1. SUPER BEAUTIFUL!! Love the color you painted them and that charm gives it the perfect touch!! Enjoy girlie!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these turned out beautiful.....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!! and love the ways you embellished them. I should try this for my pantry.

    x
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlene these are great! I love the charm you added to the front of them. They are so gorgeous and functional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so gorgeous. Don't know how you do it but love all the things you do, hugs Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlene, you have transformed the baskets!Gosh I am getting to the stage now that I have begun "paper arts", of needing more storage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That´s absolutely stunning, Marlene! What a gorgeous idea to pretty some baskets up! And I love your charms! Great project!
    Have a nice day!
    (We´ve lots of snow here in Austria today *brrr* I´d love to visit you ;-) !)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marlene you would not be able to buy anything better ...these are super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Marlene. These really did come out super cute. Love them. Super great idea.
    CAn't wait till you see the cart I have here for you. You are going to love it.
    ANA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your baskets with wheels.......love the bubblegum machine with buttons....love your blog!!! I loved the stamp on the back of your atc from our swap from Art Joy Stuff. I just did a blog post with a picture of your atc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. They turned out so pretty. And will be great fun storage. I posted about the ATC swap and want to thank you for the adorable one you designed. I would like to know where you got the stamp on the back. I would love this as it is great information to send a long. Enjoy your week and I am looking forward to following your fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS I would say, Marlene you sure can handle your tools,everything you touch turns to awesomeness. To turn these baskets to portable ones was a great idea. I love that ruler edge at the bottom, and the canvas lining and that dangling charm oh so beautiful. I really need to take lesson from you. Hugs and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Marlene,
    Visiting from Geralyn Grays blog... WOWIE!! I am glad to have found you.. Am now a follower, would love if you were to visit with me as well!! The baskets are such a great idea!! and sooo beautiful! I am definitely going to have to borrow this one!! Thank you for sharing!! Well, going to peek around your blog for a bit!! I look forward to visiting with you again!!
    xoxoxox
    Cheryl;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is really cool. do you have a picture of the inside of the baskets? this looks really neat to make. tfs

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment