Friday, November 25, 2011

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! I've been published in Somerset.

Yes, I'm still in shock........I never thought it would happen to me. But, some of my friends and family thought I could do it, so I tried. Thank you my sweet friend, IVETT for the inspiration.

I went for it and submitted an art collage piece to my favorite magazine, Somerset SEW. They don't let you know that your piece was accepted, they just send you a copy of the magazine. I thought the magazine I received was a birthday gift. I soon figured it out when I saw no card. Then I saw the publication name, I remembered that was the magazine that I had submitted to. Can you imagine how nervous I was as I turned the pages, looking and hoping. Finally I got to my page, page 133. The magazine is not out yet, it will be out on Dec. 1st. I do plan to purchase a copy, LOL.




11 comments:

  1. Well done, Marlene! Your project looks wonderful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Marlene!! That's is Super and I'm so excited for you. What an honor... TFS... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Marlene! That is so very exciting and your collage is precious. I will look for this mag at the book store to see it in person. Blissful creation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats................did you get my cards yet? hope so..................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo. Congrats on your publication. I want an autograph.
    Why wouldn't they have published your work. Your work is unique and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you! I can't imagine seeing something that I made in a publication. I can't wait to get my copy.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats girlfriend, how exciting......hope to buy an issue, so you better autograph it for me.....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is so exciting!!!!!
    Congrats to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!! somerset is one of my fav pubs and I know you felt super happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That´s so cool, Marlene! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Your piece is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! That's wonderful. What a lovely piece that is. It's most certainly worthy of being published. Excellent work and congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment