Monday, November 28, 2011

ORNAMENT SWAP.

I joined the ornament swap over at OOH LA LA VINTAGE TREASURES and this is my take on it. I've been wanting to use my new Sizzix ornament die. I cut the snow flakes with medium size chipboard and then covered them with designer paper, Madeline collection.
Of course I had to use glitter and a tiny little vintage doily. The category I was in was Shabby Chic.

The little Christmas tree I found at a thrift shop, for a quarter, can you believe that! He was pretty beat up, but I saw his potential. I covered the stand with vintage music sheet paper. I had to re-bead a few spots because some of the beads were loose. For the little tree top I used a vintage plastic earring from my stash. I think is a snow flake, or at least it looks like it to me. I love him, and I put him right in front of me, at eye level, in my scraproom.







6 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous....I am in thastt swap also sure hop you are in my group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that little tree is the cutest thing ever! You have blinged it up in just my style!
    Fabulous job and a big thank you for sharing it with us at "What's It Wednesdays". See you next week!
    Hugs,
    Patti and Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ms Marlene. The ornaments look super nice. I especially love the bobble hanging in the bottom. Super nice idea.
    Your mini tree is adorable. I am sure you are enjoying him every time you are in your gorgeous area.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is just amazingly beautiful!!!

    Hope you enjoyed a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are amazing. Love the colors and the vintage feel. =) TFS.

    x0, Damaris

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment