Sunday, September 18, 2011

My new addiction, can't wait to try new colors.

I wanted to do a quick project this weekend and this is what I came up with. I've made these flowers before, but not in these warm colors. They're fun and super simple to make.
First you'll need your favorite flower die. Try using different colors and fabric textures. I then soak them in a solution of half water and half fabric stiffener, these are the ones that I like. When they dry, that's when the fun begins. I just use my glue gun to assemble the layers and I finish up with a brad or a button.
The only problem is knowing when to stop! They're addictive, you've been warned.



















13 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous, totally in love with them.
    What die did you use. These are better then prima. Big hugs, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Marlene, you have been busy. They are so gorgeous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are amazing, Marlene. Lots of fabulous texture to them. And I know what you mean about making flowers addiction. I'm the same:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv this idea Marlene!
    Stunning!
    Hugz
    Moz

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow marlene these are fab flowers! i love how the textured fabric changes the look of these bloons,well done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow marlene these flowers are Fab!! Love how the textured fabric changes the look of these blooms...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look like great fun! There must be a million things you could use them on. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. These are amazing. I can't wait to see them tomorrow in person. They are beautiful. Perfect colors for FALL.
    Love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are fabulous. The different textures and fabrics really change the look and feel of each flower. Blissful blooming...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina I used a Tim Holts flower die and I also made a template that I used on the bigger flowers.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these...saw them on Pinterest! I will be trying this, super simple and so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment