Sunday, May 1, 2011

MY LATEST CAKE CREATION.

I made this cake as a thank you gift for my sister and my mom. They took care of my girls for the weekend. The inspiration for this cake came from some cupcakes I made last month for my scrappy friends. I just love these colors! It's a yummy vanilla cake with chocolate custard filling and fondant. I love baking and making pretty cakes, I just wish I had more hours in the day.
I had a client tell me just last week that she is getting ready to retire, but she doesn't know what to do with her self. I can't understand that??? I have so many plans for when I retire.




7 comments:

  1. The cake is gorgeous!! I retired this past year and I have plenty to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHH Marlene, (u must get sick of me commenting first???? hehehehe) to bad Im gonna anyway, just quicker off the mark ah?,
    I love what you did, OMG is that the icing, like on the wedding cakes? Beautiful, and yes this is very much a spring colour and awesome for MUM's DAY comming up.
    Beautiful and I bet its Yummy to.
    XX
    Biestos xxx :-)
    Arohanui :-)
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene, I guess this is the most beautiful cake I´ve seen for a long, long time!!!
    The color-combination is so fresh and so beautiful - *sigh* this cake is a masterpiece!!!
    Have a fabulous week, Marlene!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cake Marlene. It looks so pretty that I would not want to cut it. I would just display it.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my dear Jude, I love that you comment first. I love your comments and your friendship. You're a special lady.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cake is absolutely beautiful!!!! I bet it was DELISH!!!!
    Hugs,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great job. Wish I could make cakes to look this good.

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment