Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vintage Birdie Mixed Media Artquilt Collage.

I'm so excited to announce that my ETSYstore is going through some renovation. I'm going to be selling more fabric and altered art collages.

This is kinda what I have in mind, for being my first one I'm kinda happy how it turned out.It's all machine and hand stitched and the fabric and laces are tea or coffee dyed. I first started by quilting some tulle between some batting and some cotton vintage fabric. Once I created the little house shape the fun began. It's just a matter of layering the Venice laces and having FUN .
This cute little birdie has separate batting for a little extra puffy dimension. I added some branches and coconut fiber for a natural touch. I'm planning on making more of these, in smaller sizes and other shapes. Wish me well and let's see what happens.













4 comments:

  1. Wow, Marlene... You are awesome with the sewing machine. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love it... TFS... Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Marlene,
    These pieces are GORGeous!!!
    Have a happy, creative weekend,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment