Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My white vellum butterfly bush.

This paper vellum butterfly bush I made to welcome my scrappy friends to my humble home. I'm having a scrapbooking crop party in a few weeks and I wanted to do something special for them, some thing that only a paper crafter would appreciate.

The vase I've had for ever and I keep inventing things to do with it. As a filler I hand cut music sheet paper. The branches I've used before to dangle snow flakes as part of my Christmas decoration.

All I had to do was cut vellum butterflies. All this white vellum paper was just given to me by my sweet and talented friend Ivett as if though she knew I needed them. For the smaller butterflies I used the Martha Stuart butterfly punch, that I love. For the other larger butterflies I did a template, traced it and just sat and cut. There are over 100 butterflies and I sure hope my friends like it.







8 comments:

  1. Marlene~That is gorgeous! Your scrappy friends will surely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marlene, this is gorgeous - fabulous - great!!!
    This is totally my style - would you mind if I make one for my home,too?!
    This bush is breathtaking beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely....love what you did.
    Hugs Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. OM Gosh, this is beautiful. I am going to have to scraplift or vaselift this idea. Beautiful. You must come over to my house and help me with a vase for my dinning room table. Love this setup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! You keep amazing me! I can't wait to see this in person! Thank you so much for this beautiful labor of love! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your hand cutting of vellum butterflies is so worth it. This is stunningly beautiful. I love butterflies and these are so ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely STUNNING ! Wow! Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to meet with you soon ! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tienes un blog precioso,me gustan mucho tus cosas
    ya tienes una seguidora más,te invito a visitarme.Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment