Friday, January 21, 2011

Vintage Pocket Pillow, WOOHOO ! ! !

One of my new year resolutions is to use my sewing machine more. I cleaned and oiled my old Kenmore, she's been with me since my high school Home Ec. in Chicago. I took out my fav magazines from Somerset "SEW".

I've had so much fun making these vintage pocket pillows. All the fabric and laces I coffee dyed. I added little surprises in the pockets, some embellishments, vintage earrings and some pretty laces.
I made this project with my friend Doreen in mind. She is the queen of shabby, Doreen has been working on her vintage scrap room for a while now and I can't wait to see the finished look. Take a peek at her beautiful work on YT
I sure pope she likes it.









6 comments:

  1. Jaw dropping beautiful! More-more-more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marlene your pocket pillow is GORGEOUS!! Yours is even more beautiful than the magazine pics. You've inspired me to try a new project and have some fun with my stash of laces & buttons & cuties.
    Have a blessed weekend! hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY ITS GORGEOUS, I'M SURE SHE WILL LOVE IT!! I KNOW I WOULD :) ON YOUR SIDE BAR, I HAVE THE SAME BIRD CAGE :) I JUST LOVE MINE!!
    HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marlene!

    Nice to meet you! thanks for becoming my newest follower. I love your blog, and I am your newest follower too. I wonder how come I never saw your blog before, but happy to have found it! Love your pocket pillows. I have seen these around blogland, and they look so pretty and easy to do. thanks again for coming by. See you soon!

    Debbie from NJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!!!! Super Talented, Marleen, just beautiful, well done I love it.
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring me.
    Arohanui XX :-)
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marlene,
    I love that you posted my pretty gifts here, I am new to the blog world and am so happy to have found you too. You are my inspiration, my sweet friend. I just adore all of the things that you made and sent to me. I keep the pillow tucked beside my Creme and Crystal Shabby Chic Lamp on my night stand and look at it all the time. Thank you for your friendship it means the world to me.

    My Shabby Chic Scraproom will be done very soon! I know that I am ready for it to be completed. Hugs Doreen

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment