Saturday, October 9, 2010

My very own scraproom, WOOO HOOO !!!!!

Well, scrap area or scrap closet ???? Who cares It's all my own. After scrapping on top of my ironing board I feel so BLESS to finally have a designated area of my own, did I say, very own!
I live in small beautiful old home that I love. This is my first home and it will probably be my last too. I love my house, it's just right. But, like all old Florida homes, well they're small. It took some doing but I finally did it.

I took half of the laundry room as my scraproom. I just love how it turned out, actually it was very inexpensive to do, just a bit or work. Most of the furniture and shelving were from thrift stores, garage sales and just plain old junking. Actually now that I think about it, so is my entire home. TAKE A LOOK!

This is it, all 6 feet by 6 feet!!! Every inch is accounted for. Oh wait, I still have the ceiling.



This cart is the most functional thing in my scrap area, it holds just about EVERYTHING!
I think in function, task and some times in color. For example, I have a metal drawer, a plastic embellishment drawer and word drawer, you get the point. It works for me.





These I found while junking in Alabama with my sis, Dolly and my friend Beth. I LOVE LOVE junking in Alabama. I painted them the same color to give them a bit of unity, but I actually I found them in two different places and they were different colors. It's amazing what a little paint can do.













These are some of my stick pins, I love looking at them!




This little piece of art is one of my fav things in my scrap area. This beautiful canvas was given to me by my friend Wanda, isn't she great?






These are my fav bottles, look at them all dressed up.





I love dressing up my bottles, these I found at my local Good Will for a few dollars.





My version of the clip it up. This use to be a little jewelery display stand.










This beautiful vintage card frame was made by my friend Martica, her take on vintage is amazing!



These doors lead to the other half of the laundry room, by having these doors I created a complete different area for my scrap space. I put some wire racks, that I picked up at Pier One and I use that space to display some of my atcs and tags swaps goodies.



I love looking at my fancy ribbons, trims and vintage button collection so much, that I use them as part of my decor, plus it makes a great conversation piece.










This cart use to be a coffee station, I sanded it, primed and painted and now is a crisp clean shade of white and it's perfect for my Cricut, Gypsy, Slice and Cuttlerbug. In the wire basket drawer I keep my punches and distressing tools. This is perfect cause I can wheel it right into my scrap area.



This is where I keep my paper, this piece of furniture is in my living room, but no one knows what's in it.


This is how I store most of my ribbons and fibers. This is a display stand I had from my shop actually I had two and now I wish I would of kept the other one. You can see I'm running out of room.

16 comments:

  1. WOW! I am speechless. What an amazing scrap space. Can I come over and visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Marlene, great space. I love how everything has it's place. Beautiful!! TFS! Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love what you have done with just a small amount of space it actually looks bigger great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! what a fabulous room/area/closet.you have everything so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you really used every nook and cranny well..very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you have made such good use of your space. i love how you dress up your jars making it all look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful ! GREAT JOB !!! I am hoping to get mine to look like this one day. I am loving the way you have your decorated pins and all the shelving decorations are just gorgeous ! It's a great space to e inspired ! Thanks for sharing ! Best regards,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it is what you have done with a 6x6 space. I have a whole room and still don't know what to do with it. everything looks so beautiful...tx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous room! I totally love everything you have done...I really need help with mine..wanna come to Ohio and help me? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marlene,
    Ohh what a wonderful creative space you have here and how I'd love to come play with you!
    Thanks for sharing~
    Happy creating,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, how wonderful!!! It looks great and everything is so neat and orderly! I should be embarrassed because my room is a MESS and I have much more room!!!

    I'm so happy for you that you have your own space!!! I can only imagine how pleased you are to get off the ironing board -- LOL!!! I love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your space it feels so nice looks like a great place to be and create.

    Love it you did a great job,

    lots of love Gina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marlene I just love your scrap area....its so pretty and organised....I love the way you have all of your beautiful goodies around you!!! and as for the Mariposa buntings...so clever...you can admire that paper forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Marlene. I have read both of your blogs. I have to say they are both beautiful You have done a wonderful with you scrap area. Hope we can get together again very soon. I love the pins you make. I would love to make some one day.
    anallanes@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marlene, your space is amazing. I love your vintage flair. I wish I had the money, time and inspiration to change the look of my room. I'm so happy for you. I knew how much you wanted your own space and now you do. good for you...

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment