Thursday, June 3, 2010

Re- decorating a bit! Just for FUN.

Actually this bit of re-decorating was at my sister Dolly's home. She just re upholster these two pieces of furniture. The fabric was about $2.00 a yard, what a bargain, and look how gorgeous they turned out. We moved a few things around and it looks like a whole new room. Sometimes it doesn't take much to change the feel of a space.




I've been wanting to change my home to a more vintage look, my house is small with low ceilings and I feel the dark tones of wood make the space look even smaller. But, since I can't go out and buy new furniture. I have to make do with what I already have.

I immediately thought of my friend Beth, she make and paints the most beautiful pieces of furniture. After consulting with her and carefully writing her step by step instructions on the materials needed and the prepping requirements. I went at it and I loved how it turned out!!! WOW, got the look I wanted, this off white weathered vintage look. The room looks and feels lighter and roomier. What will I conquer next???

Then.


Now, notice the tag (from Arlene's May tag swap) hanging from the door.

I love how the distressing of the paint turned out. It looks like It's been there for years.



Can you believe that no one wanted these vintage door knobs, so I took them. This is how I displayed them, on top of some moss in this gorgeous urn.



This tin tray was also a hand me down, LOVE it.

This gorgeous tin calender was a mother's day gift from Emily and Michael, the cutest kids ever! I have no idea where my sister found this, but is sooooo beautiful. I'm saving it for my future scrap room. A girl can dream can she?

3 comments:

  1. Hola Marlene, I absolutely love how the big furniture look now all in white, you did a great, gorgeous job!!! I`m in the process of painting some furniture too, mostly white!!
    Cariños,
    Maria Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene, I love how you painted/distressed your cabinets! I also think the calendar and door knobs are just awesome finds! I love looking at other's decorating styles and room decor! I'm wanting to do a complete change with my stuff too. I would love to have a shabby chic style home. My cabinets are light oak - I was thinking about changing them to a cream with light green distress look under the cream and maybe some crackle look to them. I have to try to convince my hubby to go for that though - lol! Anyway, thanks for sharing!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. marlene your cabinet looks stunning and I LOVE your calender and knobs.....a scraproom in the future,why ever not? Lotsolove...

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment