Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just had to show you my latest cake creation.

This cake I made for my sister, Mayra, she just changed her home a little bit and I notice she used lots of black and white, so I went with a black and white theme. I'm very happy how it turned out. My original idea was to do damask cutouts in the black fondant. I had some cracking in the white fondant that forced the vertical zebra pattern. Again I've proved to myself that great creations can come out of mistakes.

This is my version of a Magnolia, my first. I love how it turned out.

This is the inspartion cake. I'm sooooo sorry I can't give credit to the designer. I don't remember where I found it, but she/he is a true artist. I thank you for the insparation!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marlene, thanks for visiting me. Your cakes are beautiful. I read a couple of past post. I went to NYC this summer too. I loved it so much I can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, girlie...you rock. You amaze me with your talents. When I grow up, I want to be like you..heeh,hee,hee.

    HUGS,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Love the cakes! You are so talented. I thought I would learn to decorate once. Got the Wilton student pack. Decorated my first cake all went well till I had to clean those darn tools. Decided that was enough. That was back in the days before throwaway bags.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post Comment